“Brian McKenzie is the real deal and an honest songwriter. He has it all. Great songs, great voice and the ability to connect on a visceral level. You owe it to yourself to check him out ”
Brian McKenzie is a versatile singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and musician whose music has been described as heartfelt truths, intertwined with emotional musicality and memorable melodies. Hailing from Rhode Island, McKenzie started his music career in the early 90s as the founding member, music writer, and guitarist of the heavy-rock band: Warner/Giant Records recording artists Kilgore. He has since released 3 albums and 3 singles, showcasing not only soulful, melodic, singer-songwriter material, but also firing off catchy modern rock tunes. McKenzie continues to tour nationally, performing with acts such as Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Mavericks, Tyler Farr, Phil Madeira, and The Mallett Brothers, among others.
Sample Track Player
- Video "Higher Than This" Premiered in Paste Magazine (Feb, 2018)
- The Recording Academy placed Brian on the Official Ballot for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards in four categories for the album “Resolution” (2011)
- His album, "Looking Over Yesterday" (2015) features Nashville singer-songwriter / musician / Grammy award winner Phil Madeira on two tracks.
- Brian is endorsed by Blueridge guitars, Shubb Capos, LR Baggs electronics, and Godin Guitars.
- His song "40 East" appears in the Jonathan Silverman directed film "A Bet's a Bet".